Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tournament Weekends

This last weekend, I was able to do two AR matches in a tournament for girls. The age group I had was U14 and they were both rather blah in terms of the outcome. Both ended 1-0 but were well played (probably 4 fouls altogether between the two matches).

What I did take away and hope to implement when I am a center in the near future with a full crew at my disposal is the contact between the center and the AR. Both centers I had gave a lot of visual okays with the thumbs up and when a ball was divided and then out of bounds, if they saw it better than I did, they would indicate in some minor way, which way to give the throw. I liked it because it certainly made it look like we were a team. Other than that, it was a somewhat somber, ho-hum type of weekend in terms of matches.

This next weekend, I am backup for the tournament, and I will probably not get any matches, but will at least be able to be paid for watching some soccer. And the weekend after that, I get U14 boys for 7 matches. That should be fun.

More to come in the next couple of days. I really wanted to start reviewing some of the things that I bought, like whistles, shirts, etc, but it has been far too busy at work to dedicate even a moment to that, so when I get 5 minutes, I will make sure to write up an entry.

No comments: