Monday, August 24, 2009

Minor update

Nothing too insteresting this weekend, there was a Saturday set of friendlies my son was participating in, and they were using older kids as referees. I volunteered to help out but there was no need. The only thing I wish these kids would have done better is to stay closer to the play and to blow their whistle louder. No one was sure if the ball was out, or what the calls were. But in the end there was little else to tell them, if someone had asked. I am not sure that they were registered refs to begin with, but it was all for friendlies and in the end it was just a warm up for the season.

But next week is looking good, I have a bunch of ARs and centers coming up, 8 for this coming weekend. U19, U13 and U14. Should be a good time. More to come.

No comments: