Monday, September 17, 2012

Running for my 7 again

I am in pain a bit today. I qualify myself as someone who is not a runner and does not normally jog or do much in terms of exercise other than when I get on the field. I have an active day-to-day job and also am moving around when at home due to 3 kids, so exercise is kind of built in to my way of life. I don't normally go out and look for it.

Yesterday, my daughter had some special training (ODP) and so I accompanied her and while I waited, I decided to run around the track 5.5 times in 12 minutes, or try to come close. I finished at 12 minutes at 1.47 miles (above the 1.37 I would need come test day). But man does it hurt today.

What is funny, is that this test is not a real good indicator, as rarely do we jog/run without some mad sprint or two mixed in. But with the three tests, it does cover most of what you need as a 7. Still, this morning, instead of waking up and giving it another run, I slept in a little more and will do it tomorrow morning (if I can peel myself off my bed).

No comments: