Saturday, November 16, 2013

Fitness Physical

As a 7, I have to take part in being assessed as well as proving you are somewhat in shape. Today was the day to prove the latter. I never thought it would get easier but this year's Cooper test  (12 minute run) was simpler for me. For one, I did not have to run as far, since I hit the milestone of 38 years of age, I now was told that I had to run 2,000 meters instead of 2,200 meters.

Second, I ran farther than I had ever run before on the Cooper test, 2,350 meters, and I did not seem to really get tired, so I must be doing something right, as it should get harder, not easier to do the test.

The other two portions of the exam really are hard to fail, 40 seconds to run 200 meters is not too difficult (I did 30.5 this morning) and 50 meters in 9 seconds (6.5 for me) are really not anything I ever thought would be something one could fail at. The only one is that Cooper test.

Not that I enjoyed getting up at 6:30 to be there at 8am for my test, but it is something that I have to do anyway, and it worked out well that I seem to be doing better now than in years past.

No comments: