Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Realization

Today, on my way to work, I came to a realization that I had not been paid one penny for my work up to now. Everyone appears to have a different system, but in the end, they all take their sweet time to pay.

One league states that they pay twice in the season, at around mid season (of which I think we are around that time) and the others do not have a clear policy, but when I added up my games up to now, I am over the $500 mark. Not that it is a ton of money, but it is decent change for paid exercise.

Anyway, I thought it was funny. In the end though, I feel I am well organized as I have a spreadsheet with all my games and another spreadsheet with my travel related expenses. I also have a folder where I keep all my purchases related to soccer, which are around $300-$400 at this point. So if you think about it, I will have only made $200-$300 after expenses this first season (but I should be able to deduct all the soccer expenses at tax time - I hope!).

This weekend, I have 4 AR matches in the U10 and U12 local rec league and then one Sunday U11 girls center. I want to get some more ARs with the adult league but I am not sure my wife will be happy with all that reffing when this past weekend it was all I did. I will update close to the weekend.

No comments: