Friday, November 14, 2008

No silver lining

I spoke too soon regarding these last two tournaments. The first one, starting tomorrow, looks to be a doozy with all the rain we may be getting. It is wet now and cold, so I imagine it will stay that way. I am not really looking forward to it, but I am in too deep at this point. At least I have 8 mini games on Saturday (the equivalent to 4 regular matches) and then Sunday I have 4 more (regular matches). I will tally these up as 8 matches total, though 12 results will be had.

As for the following weekend's tournament, I think I am paying the price of being a relative newbie. I was put in as a Stand-by for the fields where my son is to play. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but beggars can't be choosers, so I will take it and run with it. If I get a match or two, I will be happy but at least I will be able to watch my son's matches without any issues that weekend. More to come as it happens but let's say I do not expect much of anything to come from this tournament. So much for going out with a bang.

No comments: