Thursday, August 13, 2009

Away for a while

Not much to report on the refereeing front. To tell you the truth, I have not missed it that much. But in a couple of weeks, I return to the action with a tournament and that should be a good indication of how the season will go. I will fill you in as it happens. These last couple of months have been good though without soccer reffing to worry about, but the season is slowly approaching. My son plays in a couple of tournaments prior to the start of the regular season and the following weekend, I will get to see the matches and critique our fellow referees (hopefully on how well they did).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I can't wait for my first "season" to start again either. I was a ref at 13 and am getting back into it now older, but not wiser lol. Can't wait!

YASR - Yet Another Soccer Referee said...

Welcome back. Two things I learned is to take it easy and go slow. You may think you are ready for more difficult games after just a couple of games but I learned the hard way that slow and steady is always better. Let me know how it all goes and thanks for reading the blog.

Anonymous said...

That I will do. I have two AR's this weekend and am just ready to get out there and get my first game "under my belt" and learn as much as possible.

When will you start posting again?

YASR - Yet Another Soccer Referee said...

The season gets started this coming weekend, but as a spectator for me. Next weekend is a big tournament and then after Labor Day, things will really get interesting. But as for posting, I will be doing so either after this weekend, or after next weekend for sure.

Advantage said...

I too have been on a short sabbatical this summer, having not been out on a soccer field as a referee since Memorial Day weekend. It's good to take a break once in a while.

One of our local leagues had their season opening tournament this last weekend. I got called in on Friday afternoon to help out on Sunday. I was supposed to do 3 AR's, but ended up doing 1 center and 4 AR's. It felt great! I realized just how much I missed it.

One thing I can say is that I was glad I spent a good part of the summer working out as much as I did. While my legs are still sore, I was in better condition than I thought.

Good luck on your big tournament!