Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Recert for 2011

Just had my recert class this Saturday. I have to get all my notes together before my next post, but the one point of emphasis was to be more vigilant with concussions and above the shoulders contact. Especially elbow to neck or head contact.

I scored a 98% with 2 questions wrong out of 75 (which I know is not 2%, it is more like 3% but that is what the instructor put on the sheet, so I am going with that). The first one was more of a trick question regarding dangerous play and the second was something of the same where a team with 7 players has another player leave the field without permission (but did not indicate whether the player left for good, or just stepped off the field to receive medical attention or to put an onside player in an offside position) and asked if you suspend the match because he did so and the team was now down to 6 (but without the knowledge of whether that player was returning shortly or not).

I think I would have still gotten the 7 to 6 player question incorrect, because I thought that if a team with 7 players had to go to 6 for any reason, the match ended right there, but if it is for a short while, like medical attention, the match can continue (fortunately it has not happened to me just yet!).

Once I have the time to gather all the minute things from the exam and handouts, I will post them here. Next week there is a youth conference I will be attending that should have more info on what they want us to focus on.

No comments: