Tuesday, September 9, 2008

YASR Kicks Off!

Welcome to my blog on all things Soccer and especially soccer refereeing and soccer as a youth sport as I have two children who play it. Just so we have context, I am married, 33 years old with two children, eight and six so even though I would love to referee most of the weekend, there are other things in life to worry about that are many times much more important than the soccer field.

In the coming days I will get more information out on what goes on regarding the matches I do and my take on things that happen. Comments are always welcome, by the way. Needless to say, I am not always right, and will have questions as well as answers. Look forward to being in contact with you all soon.

There are at least two or three other people that blog about their soccer referee experiences, one started five years ago and the other is working on his second year it seems. I will post their links as well as places where I have bought gear from shortly. I wanted to get this post in so that it would be 'in the books' but later plan on giving a more detailed breakdown of the registeration/certification process and many other details in case you want to get started on this as well.

No comments: