Wednesday, November 26, 2008

First Season in the books

It is done, my first season was completed this last weekend with no matches to referee. All referees that were scheduled for the two fields I was the backup for, showed up. Interestingly enough, I did have to lend out my flags to one of the referees and then lend him some money since he forgot his wallet and did not know that matches had built in breakes in between then (to the tune of an hour and a half between match #2 and match #3 on each field).

I still expect to make around $80 for the efforts and I got to watch some good refereeing by some of those involved. Over the course of the winter, I plan to write up more of my experiences with the equipment itself as well as posting some pictures of the things I use to referee. I would love to hear some of your comments or suggestions on how to make it better.

Also, being the statistical enthusiast that I am, I will post some more details as to how much I made and all the matches I did, once the final numbers are counted.

No comments: