Monday, October 1, 2012

Recert

I have to figure out how to change my profile as I just realized that it said that I was an 8 going for a 7. Well, actaully now I am a 7, trying to maintain a 7, so out of date for a bit.

As for the actual recert this weekend, boy were there a lot of questions related to kicks from the mark and if someone were to get hurt while participating in them. Too many questions related to that. Other than that, it was an interesting class. A little about the new dropped ball rule (can't score on the first touch of a dropped ball, either one way or another). Some expansion with the advantage rule, to include things like double touch that rolls to an opposing attacker who has a clear 1 on 1 with the keeper is not penalized but rather given an advantage.

In general I liked the class, and was happy to get a 93 in the State exam. For some reason here in Virginia we lump all the 8, 7, 6 and 5s into one class and then to make things easy for the instructors, they hand out exams that are for the state (6 and 5). Still, it was a lot of questioning on proper restarts, etc. And as always, the notorious shin guard thrown at the striker.

The funniest one was where an attacker named Fred is on a 1 on 1 towards the keeper, a defender trailing the play yells at him, Hey Fred, and he is startled and loses the ball. What do you do to the defender. Even though it is not a true "foul" it is a red card for denying the goal scoring opportunity. I originally did not think that was the case, but it is according to the instructors. All in all, a good class.

And the physical was like it was last year. I run faster since there are other people that help me pace myself, so it is easier to do those than when I run and practice at home. So one more year as a 7 if I pass my maintenance assessment match...that is this month, so we shall see.

No comments: