Monday, September 21, 2015

Busted (sort of)

Up until now, I had been living sort of a dual life. My online musings had little to no correlation to what happened IRL (my kids taught me than one). I could swing away at topics that may not be politically correct to say or express if your name was attached to it. This weekend, we had our second gathering of the School of Excellence here and it was a great session. I will go into that in more detail in the next day or two, however, I did overhear someone at the class asking someone if they were the author of a blog he followed. Well, the idea is for you not to find out who that person is since it would blur the lines from who I am on the field and who writes this blog.

While I looked back at my postings, I don't think I have said anything too terrible, but at the same time, the idea is for me to be able to say things without my name coming into the mix. I try not to make things personally identifiable so it is more of a teaching aspect than a direct critique on someone. If I am discovered and unveiled, oh well, it won't be a big deal.

As I mentioned above, the school of excellence was great this go around and I am still quite sore from my running yesterday morning. The 35/40 intermittent test (or whatever it is called) is particularly grueling for me. I passed but it really took me to the limit. I will have more about all of this in the next couple of days.

3 comments:

Captains please said...

That was me and it was for good reasons wanting to know. I enjoy your perspective and your posts are very well-written. You have helped me in my journey to improve and upgrade more than you know. I have picked up a lot of techniques from what you have freely shared in this forum. And the SOE posts are a great double-check for me since we should have had the same experience if we were both there! All said, it was more of me wanting to shake your hand for providing a great blog and let you know the influence you've had on me. That was all, promise.

Captains please said...

And I understand your reasons for anonymity so I won't press the issue anymore!

YASR - Yet Another Soccer Referee said...

Thanks for reaching out. I will catch up with you next time we are at the SOE. No worries, I believe it is ok for some people to know. Like I said in the original post, I try to make things mostly generic and for discussion more so than personally identifiable. So I will seek you out for the next class. Thanks for your comments.