Friday, March 17, 2017

Ref dreams

Had a really interesting dream last night that I figured I would let you all know about, just because, not that it has a lot of tough decisions as a ref but more for the entertainment value of how one's dreams work.

Scenario was that it was a U littles game somewhere with a lot of trees. Not a field that I recognize. It is a final or some sort of knockout because in my dream, I know that there has to be a winner. Game starts and nothing interesting happens until somewhere early in the game, a player comes late and wants to come into the field. Somehow, the coach pulls all of his players off the field now that he has the new player and retreats to a corner of the pitch to talk strategy.

My in-dream persona cannot believe what I am seeing. It seems the parents take it all in stride because they retreat as well to talk among themselves. So I approach the coach and tell him he has to come out and play, since the game is taking place. Let's go. To which he says no, he does not have to bring his kids out. And then I distinctly remember telling the coach, "You have to bring out the kids to play, otherwise, I will yellow card each and every one of them."

Don't remember much after that other than going to the parents and telling them that the game was over because one team did not want to come out to play. Not sure what that means in terms of what is really going on in my head, but I just don't recall having many vivid ref dreams like this. I know I have replayed plays in my head while awake, but asleep like this, I don't think I have had many. For those that know about dream interpretation, let me know what you think all this means.

No comments: