Sunday, March 22, 2009

Figuring out assignors

So far, for tournaments, I have been able to figure out two of my assignors. They each have a certain method of working with their referees and it is fun to see how they always come to the same results. It must work for them, otherwise, they would change, right? At least the similarities comes into play when determining schedules around my son's games.

The first of two assignors has a bunch of emails going out to a list of people and when everyone replys with their availability, he hands out assignments. What is interesting in these two times I have worked for him, is that he gives me the backup role on the fields where my son plays. I have done two tournaments with him and have yet to ref a match for him. He tends to assign me the backup role. I almost reffed one match this weekend but the ref made it just in time. So 0 for 2 with him. Still, I do not mind being backup as it is paid to watch games basically.

The other assignor has the opposite tendancy. Since she assingns based on time and has no real idea when specific teams play, she intentionally puts me in places where I cannot have my son's games. I guess it works for her. What is interesting is that for this coming tournament, there are a truckload of teams coming to town (at least 250 would be my guess) and she does not appear to work with backup refs. At least I never was asked to back up in her tourneys. Interesting dynamics.

So next week, it is on, 7 matches, 3 centers and 4 ARs. It will be interesting for sure to see if I can keep up with all that reffing. A test of willpower, so to speak.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is rightly said in the blog that sometimes when the match is pursuing, there is difference in the opinions of the referees, in this state, it is very tough to decide what to do. In this situation, its best to opt for referee schedule software. It is the best option and provides you with the firm decision. To know more, get us a visit...