Thursday, March 26, 2009

Scheduling smeduling

It was bound to happen, schedules came out for my son's league and now everyone wants to tie down the refs they plan to use immediately. I am amazed at the amount of commitment some of the regular season assignors want. This season, instead of trying to get games all over, and especially get games right before or after my son's matches, I decided to try closer to home. The closest one, basically assigns for one park, and not for a league. It gets really interesting. Anyway, I basically told him that I would give him first crack at my schedule and he already gave me two matches for the 4/5 weekend when everything gets going.

The other assignor I am looking forward to working with has some games on Saturday's, which is good and have taken a couple from him. I am not sure that my strategy will work, but I guess I will noodle it though and figure out if it makes sense. I don't like doing many games in a row, but at the same time, one match only sometimes does not do it either. Time will tell, but from what I see now, it will let me work better for the fall, in the sense that I will know which method works best. If I get to 40 matches, then it will be just fine. If I fall short, I will have gained knowledge on how best to work the system at least.

No comments: