Friday, November 20, 2009

Bad Clubs

I am not sure how much I want to say about this, but I have been mulling over the fact that there are a couple of clubs in the area that are just bad clubs. The coaches, parents, and most everyone else associated with the clubs are just mean, crummy people, or they act that way on Sunday at least.

For the most part, whenever I do matches for these clubs, I know I am going to have to be extra cautious, and that they will not be happy with the performance of the referee squad unless their team comes out ahead. These two clubs are fairly similar in location and in general are probably worse off economically than most of the other areas.

I have had my fair share of mean people, but this is more of a systematic, endemic thing going on with these two clubs. It is almost everyone, it is almost like they feed off of each other. I am sure that if I were to talk to some of them alone, they would seem fine, but when they arrive at the field and everyone that they know are all yelling and screaming at the kids, officials, coaches, etc. it is similar to mass hysteria.

Again, this is not a rant on the socio-economic situation of the clubs, but I wonder if that has something to do with it. I hope to pick up this rant later, I want to see where we can go with it but it is late now and I am tired. Talk to you all soon.

No comments: