Thursday, May 25, 2017

Assessment Match stats

I will write about my assessment match from hell tomorrow most probably. I don't have the time or the mental state to write about how much I loathe working some of these leagues, but I did come to the conclusion that I will try and double down on these matches to see if I can eventually remove myself of the hatred I currently have for the adult game. If by the end of 2017 or early 2018, I still despise them as much as I do now, I will just go back to being a 7 or an 8 and do games that I like to do at the older youth level and leave it at that. Why do it if you don't like it? But I am giving myself a chance to get used to doing adult matches that are competitive and that pose a challenge.

Anyway, two takeaways to quickly point out. First is that I passed the assessment, even though I thought it was a failure for sure. Second, I ran 5 miles in between the first and second half. I like the Garmin, it does a good job. Here is a clip from the Garmin Connect website:


Stats for my 1st half run

There are a lot of other stats that are included, like elevation change, or fastest sprints and pace, etc. The way I use it is to set a Run, and use my Garmin as a count up timer. Then I use the other watch to count down. So the Garmin counts up as well as grabbing all the extra info and the other watch counts towards zero. So far it seems to be working. 

No comments: