Saturday, May 6, 2017

New Watch

Ok, this one is going to be short but today for the first time, I used my new Garmin VivoActive watch to measure my distance and actually get some more info. This was a U14 Girls match and I ended up running 4.1 miles. 2.0 in the first 35 minutes and 2.1 in the second half. The interesting statistics that I can get from the Garmin device is that you not only get the distance, but you get a map of how you ran your center as well as max speed (11.9 mph) which translates to a 5.15 minute mile on the site.

Take a look at my first half diagonal. It is clear that one team was pushing more than the other as seen how deep I got for one side and not so much for the other side.

Interesting to see how much one runs and where one runs. Very excited to see these additional statistics. I had used it previously for an adult 7v7 center and a D2 Adult match. Those were 2.0 miles and 2.7 miles respectively.

Screenshot of my first half today

2 comments:

captains please said...

very slick, thanks for sharing. i think this would also be an interesting conversation to have after an assessment. sometimes i've wanted some evidence like this because what the assessor said and how i felt i covered the pitch don't always synch.

YASR - Yet Another Soccer Referee said...

Totally agree, though it is hard to see from the graphs where you were at a certain time. If that were available, then it would really make things interesting. I imagine once we all have body cams, we would be able to review things easier, but we are years away from that.